For that last meme, Mary-Jane challenged me to write a scandalous blog post - as pretty much everyone knows, given that I've been completely stuck for ideas and whining to anyone available to help me think of one! She and I have been trying to come up with possible ideas I could use for it - in fact, here's a list of everything we ever thought of:
1) Tell every secret that I've ever had. In a cryptic fashion, because otherwise that's just insane, but then again if I did do it in a cryptic fashion then everyone would hate me... well, moreso.
2) What I really think of people, ooooh! Except I already do too many of those.
3) THIS. No further explanation is needed, I believe.
4) Crushcrushcrush, except that doesn't work because I don't currently have one!
5) A controversial opinion I have...
May Jay was actually the one who suggested that last one - "to create some debate". Except I don't like debates that much, and I'm all debated out this week anyway! But I quite liked it anyway, and then suddenly the idea grew and it turned into opinions-on-all-controversial-topics-ever, and then we decided it should be a new meme! So behold - if you read this, you must create a post of your own with the same sub-headings, stating your own beliefs on whatever the issue is!
RELIGION
I'm a Christian, that's no secret. I believe that God is real, I believe that the Bible is true, I believe that I need God in my life, and I've seen God work in my life time and time again. For me, this one's pretty simple, which is why it's short despite being the most important to me.
MULTICULTURALISM (ie racism/immigration/integration)
If you were wondering... I based the heading for this one on a French topic we do this year. Lol fail.
However, this is one of the things that I am most passionate about - racism and xenophobia infuriate me. Ignoring Elizabeth and her coffee, what angers me most are the deeply rooted prejudices that say that anyone from the Middle East is a terrorist, anyone from Eastern Europe is a rapist, etc etc. Everyone seems to be so against immigration, thinking that it swallows up jobs that belong to the natives (for lack of a better word), but then, would locals want the menial tasks that they so often undertake? Everyone complains that they can't speak English - but they try, they learn, and how many people in this country can speak any other languages at all? And then there are those trying to escape terrorists in their own land - exactly what is so wrong about that?
Yes, there are those who come to fiddle the tax system. Yes, there are those who come and end up getting drunk and stabbing someone, or committing some other kind of crime. But there are many, many more people who commit those same crimes who have lived here their entire lives. And it's nothing but a stereotype that all foreigners are like that.
Wow, I got completely off track there... back to beliefs! I don't believe that where you were born, the colour of your skin, or your religion should make you a second class citizen. What I believe is simply that all of us are human, and should be treated the same no matter our origins.
SECTARIANISM
Somehow, I feel less strongly about this one despite it having more relevance... or at least, my feelings in regard to this one are a whole lot simpler. Basically I think that sectarianism is a menace. Like I said in the one above, no one should be treated differently because of their religion. I know people who are Catholics, and they are lovely people! Ignorance and hate are poisonous, and it's only a matter of time until they either drain away, or (sadly, this is more likely) weaken our local society to the point where it collapses in on itself, and people start killing each other again. Which is why I strongly believe that sectarians are idiots, totally blinded by hate. I know that some of them have had wrong done to them - but blaming an entire sector of the community for it is just ridiculous. I could go on, but I'd only depress myself. In short: I believe that sectarianism needs to DIE.
HOMOSEXUALITY
I know of at least one person who was completely shocked that I don't tend towards the ultra-conservative viewpoint here, but I don't. I can understand why some people think it's wrong, but that doesn't give them the right to judge - far from it. And personally, I believe that the spate of LGBT teen suicides recently is a much more frightening thought than that gay marriage might be legalised.
ABORTION
I can understand abortion in cases where the mother's life is at risk, but otherwise I believe that it's equal to infanticide. Especially late abortions! Apparently babies have been born prematurely and survived, after a pregnancy of about the same length as one terminated by a late abortion! That just seems wrong on every level, so I'm pretty strongly against abortion.
THE SUPERNATURAL
To anyone who says that the Harry Potter books are the work of the devil - WRONG. Fantasy is the best kind of fiction! However, I don't believe in magic, werewolves, vampires, fae, etc - that's silly! I also think that astrology is a load of nonsense, as are the psychics you see advertised in the paper. However, there have been one or two times in my own life when real life has mirrored a dream I had previously - though nothing on the scale of James! And there are so many records of visions and prophecies throughout history, including those in the Bible, so while I'm very sceptical of all of this, I'm not convinced that there's absolutely no truth in it - just not in the way most people think of it, perhaps.
FEMINISM
I actually dislike super-feminism, they read far too much into EVERYTHING! However, I do appreciate the fact that I now have equal rights to a man, I approve of that. I don't see why feminists see the need to try and reverse gender roles, though, that's just taking things way too far! After all - we don't need to try to be the stronger sex. We're already the smarter sex, having both titles would just be greedy ;)
So, to sum up: I seem to have a mixture of liberal and conservative views here, hmm. And there are several other headings that I could have put in - such as when the pyramids were built, according to May Jay - but these were the ones that were easiest to write about, so yeah! Anyone who actually copies this idea (and I'm not expecting there to be too many) can by all means take out anything they don't really have an opinion on and replace it with something else, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poll
Total Pageviews
Categories
- 15 words (1)
- a.c.t. (1)
- Amy Grace (1)
- anger (6)
- angst (4)
- arachnophobia (1)
- argh (5)
- awesome (11)
- awkwarddd (2)
- bbz (1)
- blah (6)
- blog blog (3)
- boredddd (1)
- Brenda the cat (1)
- challenge (2)
- chaucer (1)
- christmas (2)
- Claudbag (5)
- claudia (2)
- coursework (3)
- crazy (3)
- cryptic clue (3)
- cryptic clue is sadly lacking (2)
- dictionaries are my alcohol (1)
- dressing up (2)
- Elizameth (1)
- exams (4)
- fail (5)
- fear (1)
- forgiveness (1)
- formal dress (1)
- french makes my life complete (3)
- friends (20)
- fun (5)
- gaga (1)
- glee glee glee glee GLEE (1)
- honesty (15)
- i adore memes (24)
- i am so very sad (2)
- i don't want to tag this because it's insane and i'm lazy so screw that (1)
- illness (3)
- inside jokes (2)
- is that some kind of sandwich? (1)
- James (3)
- Jordan (3)
- Jorman (1)
- k-pop (1)
- Kerrrri (4)
- korean is love (1)
- last.fm (1)
- letter (35)
- lists are fun (5)
- lizzie (1)
- log (1)
- LOLZ (2)
- love (3)
- masterlist (1)
- may jay (2)
- memories (12)
- mmm food (1)
- mmm holidays (4)
- moi (3)
- music is amazing (4)
- my brain is disjointed (3)
- new (1)
- nonsense (5)
- optimism (1)
- people (4)
- poetry is no fun (1)
- questions (1)
- racist (1)
- random (11)
- rant (5)
- regret (5)
- riddles (4)
- Sarah (1)
- SCANDAL (2)
- scrolling rules my life (1)
- secrets (2)
- shakespeare (5)
- skiing (3)
- storytime (1)
- STRATFORD (1)
- stupidity (1)
- su (2)
- super junior (2)
- this is a bit weird... (1)
- thoughtful (2)
- two truths and a lie (1)
- welly boot (1)
- what is wrong with me (1)
- why am I sad (2)
- wishes (1)
- worried (3)
- writing is better than medicine (5)
- yay (1)
- yay chinese (1)
Popular Posts
-
As Claudbag already blogged , Glee is coming to DUBLIN!!! Actually, she found out through me, and I was super excited myself. Then I discove...
-
Wanted to blog. Found this meme. Thought this meme was awesome. Did this meme. YAY! i think: i've got addicted to the queue button on...
-
Kerri Bbz 1) I usually blame you for pretty much any boy-crazy thing I ever say - because let's face it, it probably IS your fault! 2...
-
To be honest, at first I barely even wanted to go to the Prefect's Disco - last year wasn't that great, and getting a costume seemed...
-
So since blogger is DEAD, let us test the degree of deadness. Voila! A tumblr meme! How this works is you leave a comment with up to 3 of th...
-
Have you ever wanted to know what I was thinking? Probably not. But ah well, you're going to find out anyway! This afternoon, at 5 minut...
-
So for lunch today, Dad and I went to this little restaurant at the top of the ski slope - we went to it yesterday as well. The first thing ...
-
So today I just so happened to stumble upon a letter Jordan wrote ... I thought this is something that should be shared with my loyal reader...
-
I have now been on blogger for almost a year, gasp! That year just so happened to be 2010, so it feels rather appropriate to dedicate a blog...
-
I AM BORED AND I FOUND THIS ON CLAUDIA'S BLOG SO THEREFORE IT IS GETTING DONE Are you outgoing or shy? Neither, but as a reasonab...
About Me
- emma-dilemma
- Welcome to Emma's blog, where you can expect many cryptic clues and letters to random people! Oh, and some stuff about me, too.
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Labels
- 15 words (1)
- a.c.t. (1)
- Amy Grace (1)
- anger (6)
- angst (4)
- arachnophobia (1)
- argh (5)
- awesome (11)
- awkwarddd (2)
- bbz (1)
- blah (6)
- blog blog (3)
- boredddd (1)
- Brenda the cat (1)
- challenge (2)
- chaucer (1)
- christmas (2)
- Claudbag (5)
- claudia (2)
- coursework (3)
- crazy (3)
- cryptic clue (3)
- cryptic clue is sadly lacking (2)
- dictionaries are my alcohol (1)
- dressing up (2)
- Elizameth (1)
- exams (4)
- fail (5)
- fear (1)
- forgiveness (1)
- formal dress (1)
- french makes my life complete (3)
- friends (20)
- fun (5)
- gaga (1)
- glee glee glee glee GLEE (1)
- honesty (15)
- i adore memes (24)
- i am so very sad (2)
- i don't want to tag this because it's insane and i'm lazy so screw that (1)
- illness (3)
- inside jokes (2)
- is that some kind of sandwich? (1)
- James (3)
- Jordan (3)
- Jorman (1)
- k-pop (1)
- Kerrrri (4)
- korean is love (1)
- last.fm (1)
- letter (35)
- lists are fun (5)
- lizzie (1)
- log (1)
- LOLZ (2)
- love (3)
- masterlist (1)
- may jay (2)
- memories (12)
- mmm food (1)
- mmm holidays (4)
- moi (3)
- music is amazing (4)
- my brain is disjointed (3)
- new (1)
- nonsense (5)
- optimism (1)
- people (4)
- poetry is no fun (1)
- questions (1)
- racist (1)
- random (11)
- rant (5)
- regret (5)
- riddles (4)
- Sarah (1)
- SCANDAL (2)
- scrolling rules my life (1)
- secrets (2)
- shakespeare (5)
- skiing (3)
- storytime (1)
- STRATFORD (1)
- stupidity (1)
- su (2)
- super junior (2)
- this is a bit weird... (1)
- thoughtful (2)
- two truths and a lie (1)
- welly boot (1)
- what is wrong with me (1)
- why am I sad (2)
- wishes (1)
- worried (3)
- writing is better than medicine (5)
- yay (1)
- yay chinese (1)
Interesting! Good choice Emma! An excellent read