Adieu, 2010!

Friday, 17 December 2010
I have now been on blogger for almost a year, gasp! That year just so happened to be 2010, so it feels rather appropriate to dedicate a blog post to the year. Thanks to my diary (a Christmas present from Claudbag), I have a complete record of the year, so here are my highlights, handily categorised for your convenience:

Holidays
I know no one really wants to hear about these, but I had to include them! However, I'll make it short.

I wasn't the best year for holidays - mum snapping her cruciate ligament while skiing was technically 2009, but still. France and Switzerland in July were wonderful, though, I love the Alps! The Bournemouth Air Festival was also one of the coolest days ever, and Lanzarote at Halloween was so relaxing - I love how both a Dublin gangster and a minor footballer were staying at our hotel, lol. But holiday of the year HAS to go to London for sheer awesomeness: meeting up with Erica ("cotching!"), going to see Wicked, talking to the Asian magician - it was just incredible, one of the best experiences I've ever had!

Belfast
Yay, Belfast! It's one of the only places around here to which you can have a proper outing, and for me, there were 3 memorable Belfast trips this year.

First of all, there was the time in January, when Claudia, Kerri and I had one of our random days out. We saw Avatar, I left my gloves on the bus then almost left the Merlin calendar I had just bought in Cruise, and we danced Sorry Sorry at Claudia's Uncle Gordon's house! It was such a random fun day!

Then there was the time we went after the exams in June, and we saw Prince of Persia! And discovered that at some point, Jake Gyllenhaal got hot! That trip can be summarised in 3 quotes: "Look Emma, a cat! Meow." "It's pourin' outside... Eunhyuk would be happy." "I keep wanting to baps people in here - it's like my addiction to the grabby machines!"

The we-are-back-to-school-but-off-again-because-now-we're-U6-and-therefore-awesome Belfast trip in September was just brilliant! Going to the museum (when we were in the art section: "I feel like I'm in Death Note!" "Except it would be 'PAULINA PAULINA'! Or 'LAVALAMPO'!"), getting posters for the common room, discovering Café Arirang, walking past Conradstopher, and not being able to play Countdown in TGI Friday's because the waiter didn't bring us crayons, aww!

Newcastle
Such a random place, but so many good memories this year! Again, three main trips there stand out.

The first time, we went to Mauds, where Jordan made a strange concoction out of hot chocolate, milk/malk, tea, chocolate cake, sugar, cherries, salt, and a LOT of pepper. Which tasted predictably disgusting. Then we went to Claudia's house for tea and I got a curfew! FAIL.

At the end of August, there was one day when we were almost all in Newcastle, we were at the amusements for ages and Jordan found some 89p stickers on the ground! Ha when we stuck them on Claudia's Irregular Choice bag she almost had a seizure! Then we went to my house and played taboo for ages - this was the occasion when we discovered a penny-farthing can only ever be ridden by old men in top hats with handlebar mustaches, New York is in fact a place in New York, Claudia does not need a parachute and she likes to shake those dice! And then we hacked Jordan's facebook, oh gosh that was priceless - in a complicated relationship with her brother! Lololol.

Then halfway through September, we had another Newcastle experience - sitting on a bench trying to persuade Sarah to go to Winemark as an experiment, then the guy staring at us, meeting Adrian in KFC, getting brownies, doing laps, freaking out when the drunk guy who had been fighting across the street started walking across the road towards us and we couldn't figure out how to lock the doors, dancing all the way home and then running over a ghost... that was a pretty legendary evening!

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    LOL at the quote from me about grabby machines!

  1. Haha I had to put it in! It was such a... unique... quote!