Because I Am A Copycat!

Sunday, 4 July 2010
Letter a day meme. Should be fun, right?

Day 1 - Your Best Friend

Dear hyung, never change!

I mean that. Yes, you have your flaws, everybody does, but without them you wouldn't be you! If you weren't so blunt we'd never have seen Megan dismissing the idea of her being a drama queen while flipping her hair over her shoulder dramatically, if you weren't so stubborn we wouldn't have HAD half of our amazing days out, and if you weren't such a stalker life would be so much less fun!

I don't remember the first day we met. It must have been in P5? Maybe P6? Because mum and I used to go to Freda's every summer for the afternoon, and in P7 I remember asking if I could go over to your's, so I'd obviously been before, I just don't remember it. The only things I remember from that day are thinking "Wow, she really likes Westies," and when we were going on the computer in the cottage, I started looking at all the posters on the wall. You thought I was being polite and deliberately looking away as you typed in your password - "Oh, it's ok, everyone knows my password's pig!" And I'm not sure if it was that day or later in the year, but I vaguely remember that your swing broke while I was there, hehehe.

Then we were in the same class in hgh school, and sitting together in English and form class! I do remember Mrs Fry making that mistake, lol. Then Laura joined us - and Jodie and Natalie? - and we were the Jammy Dodgers! First year = fail.

Second year Tina and Rachel joined us, Jodie and Natalie stopped talking to us, and we were still fail.

Third year we loved the lift! And you discovered Muse. I vaguely remember us having a massive fight for like 3 days - I actually don't remember what it was about or anything, but it might have been third year? Anyway, third year was also fail, but a different kind of fail, a less nerdy kind of fail, a much darker, eviller, Claudomort kind of fail. But that was the year that taught me how to deal with your moodswings, something that very few other people have learnt, so in a way I suppose it was a good thing? so there was a small benefit from the MCR obsession. And by small I kind of mean tiny. We were still oh so very fail XD

Fourth year we started going out to Jims. We were so cool like! But not in a Charlie way. In a FAIL way. And you got out of the emo phase at about the same time as I got into emo music, lol, though to be fair I never got into the emo lifestyle whatsoever so it didn't make much difference. And then there was Peter - that was fourth year, right? My long term memory is RIDICULOUS - and that was awful, you were in so much pain, but then it all turned into anger and I didn't know how to help you! I actually felt pretty distant from you then - remember how I stopped spending time with you four? I had found some new friends and felt like my loyalties were completely torn in two.

Fifth year, and I had made my choice. You made it so much easier for me by making the same choice, and even though I know we both regret it sometimes, I think it was the right choice. We just fit in so much better with those ones! Then, at least. The first half of fifth year was definitely one of the best years of my life, there's never been so much craic - we all got on because of our bond through the dumping bench, and we never seemed to fight! So much better, right?

Then came Christmas. We all laugh about Secret Santa now, but that was the start of it all. And then when I was skiing - with Erica! LONDON!!!! But now I'm getting ahead of myself - I got a text that told me there were some bad times ahead.

I took your side. Sometimes I thought you were totally overreacting, but I stuck with you. And eventually you and Jordan started talking again. I was so relieved, because even though I had made my choice, I didn't want to lose either of you. And even if you'll never be fully ok with them being together - and you have to admit, they're ridiculously well matched and will probably end up getting married and having a family of loud, immature children - I'm so glad that you were able to put away that anger, at least for a while.

When the detectives formed, I don't even know. I still don't have a clue what even happened. At first I was so angry - except with you and Kerri, obviously - then it turned into a game. When Jordan 'explained', I felt so guilty. I was so relieved when it seemed like everything was normal in L6. Until recently. And remember I said I had just downloaded What If? Yeah. Well I'll be honest. You know how much of a Min-bias I have at the moment (I repeat, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT EITHER XD), and I knew that was the only song he ever sings with KRY, so I was like OOOOH I should look that up again!!!!!! Yes I know, but I love all four of their voices right now, so I was just like wow I need to hear this! So I looked it up, with translated lyrics, and in the middle of listening to it I started crying, because there are so many what ifs in all of our friendships, and I just started wondering, and that's when I noticed that your msn message was 'what if...' as well. But what if things had been so different that we weren't as close, or worse, had been on different sides? Scary. But what if we were all still friends? And I mean really, not just the fake friendship that it seems to be for most of us now. A part of me knows it's not possible, everyone's changed so much, but - what if?

But anyway, L6 has possibly been one of the best years ever. Mostly because of you - pretty much the entire year we were so close, with the exception of maybe a few days here and there, and then we found kpop, and had all our detective outings and FunFridays, and I can honestly say that by now you're practically a sister to me! I mean, we're so different, but so alike, it's impossible to even describe, but you've totally changed me. If it wasn't for you squashing my ego, I'd still be the same know-it-all I was in first year! If it wasn't for you telling me in no uncertain terms that I was going to go out (this is obviously fourth year, lol), everyone would probably still hate me. And if it wasn't for you, I can honestly say that my sense of humour would be EVEN MORE underdeveloped than it is now!

I'll be honest - I think most of our friends are convinced that you bully me around. However, out of all the times you've talked me into doing something crazy - like falling in love with a bunch of Asians!!! - I don't think there's ever been anything I've regretted. And besides which, you do NOT always get your way - remember that time you wanted to see The Ugly Truth? I insisted we watch GI Joe instead ^_^ And yeah, you tend to have some terrifyingly bad moods, but if you don't laugh after two relevant inside jokes then you just need some time left alone. If other people can't figure out that ridiculously simple formula they are idiots.

Yes, I am your taxi now *long-suffering sigh* Lol not really, the excitement hasn't worn off yet and don't you think I'll still be your slave when it does! Besides, you have your own test to pass in a few months!

This has been a really long letter, and I'm pretty sure I went WAAAAAY off topic several times, and it's been way more serious than I wanted it to be, but I'll just finish by saying that no one else makes me laugh like you do, you're in pretty much all of my favourite memories, so if you think for one second that I'll let you disappear on me when we're at uni you have another think coming! Who says we have to stop with FunFridays? Even if they were once a month, we're both, I think, going to Belfast, so it shouldn't be too hard! And I will bring you with me on my gallivanting! Well ok, maybe not, because you might have uni to attend to when I'm on my year out, but YES to going to Seoul! We can put our stalking talents to good use!

But you are wrong. Some day I WILL find out what powder means.

It feels like this should seriously END. Like now! Lol it's so long. So to sum up, I'd obviously be lying if I said "I never look back, darling, it distracts from the now!" Due to Captain Claud, I would be insane if I said in my future memories I want "NO CAPES!" I am one of your few friends who do not obey you simply because "Fear is a great motivator", but because "We are good friendship okay?" No matter what you think, it is also not because "You are so gorgeous" and have a "beautiful face". Yes, I have become your taxi, but this is only because "I collect cars. I do it everyday!" and I am going to use my car to take us first to Seoul, but more importantly, to SHREWSBURY! Or maybe we should go in that golf cart we were going to give to Steven... But on our round the world tour we might get stuck on an island with the LORD OF THE ELIS!!! Which would make our lives "Short. Very short." Like something else!!! Ok this is bad... I'm starting to think you threw my innocence in the Christmas tree fire! And you're probably laughing RIGHT NOW about that, just like Leeteuk! In fact, your meanness is such that you probably would shoot me instead of giving me a glass of malk/dilating juice!!!

Ok no, I can practically hear you saying "No WAY!!!" because I know that you're not really that mean. You are Claudia, and I should probably inform you... the herbs are working. I wonder who had it in them?

THAT IS ALL

From Emma! aka magnae

0 comments: