"Her nimble fingers still feel the cold"

Saturday, 18 September 2010
Every year, this happens. I become a really sad person and totally fall in love with rehearsals for Shakespeare.

I don't even know, it's just so much FUN! People messing up their lines - "Demetrius slept with Helena!" - and getting cake, and standing in for absent people (here I refer to James pretending to be Kerri, not Colonel Regimond standing in for me XD), and seeing scenes that were originally kinda crap suddenly become awesome!

The highlight of today was definitely starting to figure out ideas for the upcoming catfight scene! The first time they lifted me I freaked out so much, I wasn't BALANCED and then they lifted me even higher, I thought I was gonna fall on my head! But actually that bit is going to be ridiculously fun, if a little painful, hehe.

Also amusing was everyone's shock when it turned out I actually had a pillow and blanket hidden in my deceptively small bag! Ok no, that bag's big, but it doesn't look quite THAT big.

Jason trying to shake James off his leg was just hilarious and brilliant. And now we have a donkey's head! Good job.

Finally, the fairies! That scene is going to look AMAZING once they get it fine-tuned! And costumes and stuff, obviously. And I absolutely love the music for that scene! I downloaded it earlier - it kind of sounds like something you'd hear from Two Steps From Hell, it has echoes of Eria or Atlantis. So so pretty and haunting, but they get the menace across as well. I love that I get to watch it ^^

Sorry to any followers of my blog who want to stab me now, Shakespeare can be a touchy subject... but I love it, because I'm just a big nerd like that =P

0 comments: