Bring on 2011!

Friday, 31 December 2010
And so my 2010 Highlights blogs come to an end! I am so very sad.

Lady Gaga
Not that I've ever been to many, but this was the best concert of my life! Beforehand was quite fun too - Kerri stealing Claudia's phone then eating a MASSIVE bit of chocolate cake in one bite so that we wouldn't have to pay for dinner, lol! *coughcoughcoughcoughcough*

"We are Semi! Precious! Weapons! Do you like my boots? We are here to introduce you to the one person in the world we love more than ourselves - LAYDEE GA-GA!" Lololol the warm-up band was so very mockable!

I will never forget how we went to the bathroom after that, just before Lady Gaga actually came on. I was at the sink when the girl beside me just turned around and asked, "Do you want some fake blood to put on?" Never before have I been propositioned in such a way!

Then it was time for the GREATEST SHOW EVER! I will admit - I wasn't really sure if I was going to like it, because back then I knew all of Gaga's hits but I wasn't that into her music, and I was worried in case it was a really vulgar show. But I needn't have worried in the slightest! It was amazing in every possible way - her outfits were unbelievable, I really loved the living dress from So Happy I Could Die (even though Claudia and Kerri were both more transfixed by her shoes, but anyway...), the sets were awesome, the dancing was class, her voice is PERFECT live - and when she spoke to us between songs, it was such a good message, which I wasn't entirely expecting either. But I agreed completely - you shouldn't change who you are for anyone else, be proud of who you are because you were born this way! Ever since I have been a massive fan of Lady Gaga - I'm proud to be a little monster because she really is an incredible woman!


Musical
The musical this year was Joseph, or "Jophus" as it was dubbed by Mr Cowan. The soundtrack to it is completely amazing and very random, I love it! This was made better by a really good orchestra this year. Of course, because of an entire week of snow, the rehearsals were WAY behind schedule, but the whole thing went pretty well anyway! As always, I was on lights, which was made difficult by Mr Howes and Mr Cunningham BOTH making impossible requests, Mr Howard being absent, and all of the lights deciding to BREAK.

The box-controlled lights were flickery. The tracker was "pathetic" - quote Mr Cunningham, that's pretty bad. The UVs didn't pick up the sheep. The strobe, which we spent about an hour wiring up (and then knocked over all the scenery) was unused. And the smoke machine failed on one occasion too!

But we got through it, despite more snow at the very end which even managed to get the after-party cancelled, and I really enjoyed my last school musical!

Of course, this was also the period of time when James started his oh-so-cryptic letters. On the Thursday night, knowing that another letter had gone up, we ran outside to find 3G signal so I could look his blog up on my phone and we could read it, then basically had seizures when we found TWO more! And of course we spent the entire show that night speculating about them, it was fun!

Christmas
Christmas this year was... different. Granda was in hospital, so half of Christmas Day was spent there with him - we were only supposed to be there for an hour or so, but then the car wouldn't start due to the cold, and my other Granda had to come up to Newry with jumper cables, which meant we were there for way longer than anticipated. Not the best way to spend any day, let alone Christmas.

But then there was yesterday - that absolutely crazy day when we played Harry Potter Cluedo (and discovered that James has a special bond with mandrakes), baked cookies (and discovered that blue food colouring just doesn't work), and played a LOT of Twister (and discovered that my legs are prone to just seizing up). It was probably the best day of the Christmas holidays, for me! Despite the facebook hacking -_-

There were a few other good points, of course: watching lots of random movies, snow, sledging, getting completely addicted to Degrassi, doing Jordan's Christmas shopping in Newry, and MANY games of foosball - it was all very Christmassy, and just nice! Yay!

New Year's Eve
New Year's Eve was also the first night of Cafe 180 this year - quite a lot of us attended, and I was also scribbling furiously due to my blogging duties! But the big deal was afterwards...

CONTAINER PARTY CHEZ LE CLAUDBECK!

I don't think I'll be forgetting exactly what I was doing at the start of 2011 (watching a poster fall down and talking about, er, stuff), and then basically spending the whole night talking about, er, other stuff. The atmosphere in the container apparently induces openness, and conversation topics that otherwise would never ever be mentioned? At any rate, it was a brilliant night! And I got home at 2, if anyone's wondering >.>

2011
Who knows? But bring it on!

0 comments: