10-Day Meme: Day 5

Monday, 10 January 2011
Six things you wish you'd never done.

1
Attempting to go drive to the Silent Valley to go sledging last month... another car crashed into mine, and even if the only damage was scratches, it wasted my entire afternoon! And dad's still sorting out insurance and whatnot to get them fixed. Not cool.

2
Keeping English on this year - I kind of loathe it! Even though the craic in Mr Cowan's class is good, and I'm looking forward to Chaucer, I'm starting to think it just wasn't worth it.

3
I wish I hadn't been so obsessive over (insert list of things here). I get addicted to tv shows, book series, and other such things far too easily, and it eats up far too much of my time!

4
Doubting you. I wish that never happened.

5
All of junior school! Big regret there, because I was a generally horrible person - I was such a little know-it-all, was quite stuck-up, and had absolutely no sense of humour! I was lucky enough to have friends who kicked some sense into me, but even so I know that the first impression I left on a lot of people has affected the way they think of me ever since.

6
I really regret that so often I've been silent instead of standing up for what I believe in. When someone says something that I fundamentally disagree with, sometimes it's just so much easier to just say nothing - or worse, pretend I agree with them. I don't actually mean so much my religious views, because people know I'm a Christian and don't tend to slag it off around me, but xenophobia, and in fact pretty much any kind of intolerance drives me insane! I just wish I had the guts to fight against it more.

0 comments: