Day 15 - The Person You Miss The Most

Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Dear Person,

I miss you so much. It's KILLING me inside. I act like I prefer it this way, but who am I kidding? I don't know how much longer I can pretend you still exist. You've gone. And don't think that just because you've fooled pretty much everyone else into thinking you're still there that you can fool me. I KNOW. I know that you've gone, and I just wish I knew whether or not you're ever going to come back.

Back when I knew you, the world was simpler. Black and white. We used to love playing, we knew that parents, teachers, basically everyone in authority were always right. We believed everything we were told. We knew right from wrong and that was that.

When did everything change? Why did you leave me?

Of course, I still catch a glimpse of you every now and again. In some ways, you haven't changed. In some ways, I think you'll always be five years old at heart, and I love you for that in a way.

But for most of the time, you abandon me. Spoken, written, opinion - everything. You don't care about any of that. That's the problem. You're just too immature to deal with all the changes that have happened in - I don't even know, I'd say the past year but it's been longer than that. But no, your immaturity means that you'd be of no help to me even if you DID deign to show up for longer than what, half an hour a time at most?

Or at least I can keep telling myself that.

But then again, maturity's the problem, isn't it?

On the other hand, though, your temper is quite a bit better than mine. And your sense of humour - I think. So fair enough, you have your good points - even if you have some ridiculously stupid moments. Seriously, do you have ANY common sense? Lol, actually some of the scrapes you've been in are my favourite memories. So it's not an entirely bad thing. Oh, and I almost forgot - you're an even bigger geek than me!!! But yeah, when you're not bouncing around life often seems a lot less... eventful. Or amusing. Or something.

Even if you're spoilt, ungrateful and ridiculously big-headed.

Whatever. I miss you.

-Emma

Yes, I am aware this appears to make no sense. It does to me.

0 comments: