Day 24 - The Person That Gave You Your Favourite Memory

Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Dear Asian Magician,

I thought of you the second I saw this prompt! Because while the entire London trip is one of my favourite memories ever, I think that you were my favourite part of that.

That night is something I'll remember for a long time. After the Lion King - which hadn't seemed as awesome as it could have been, since we were seeing it after the amazingness of WICKED - we were all kind of annoyed that Mr C was making us walk so far; there was a different tube station closer and it would have been easier to simply call a taxi! Not to mention some of us were wearing heels! Not high ones, but still!

So then, when we ended up in PICCADILLY CIRCUS of all places, where Claudia and I had gotten completely lost only a few hours beforehand (which, to be honest, had kind of ruined that afternoon), we were even more unhappy!

BUT THEN.

As we were waiting for the rest of the group to catch up, Claudia suddenly noticed you preparing to give a little mini show on the street! She immediately pointed you out to Kerri and me, because you were kinda cute ^_^

So you started the little magic show, and I'll be honest... the tricks were kinda crap. Lol. The floating table was actually quite cool though! And then, just as Mr C was about to tell us all to leave, you chose Sarah as your assistant for the evening! So we had to stay for another ten minutes or so, teehee.

AND THEN YOU BROUGHT OUT A KOREAN FLAG.

The three of us practically exploded! You said that you were from South Korea but had recently moved to London, and that you loved the city. As you were performing your last trick, the three of us - who by now had been k-pop fans for a good while - were fiercely debating whether or not we should say something to you. Claudia wasn't really sure, Kerri - normally the semi-whore one with charm! - came over all shy, but me being the language afictionado I am, I insisted on trying out our newly-learnt Korean. So when you were collecting money at the end, we approached you - luckily Mr C was trying to round all the juniors into the tube station, while they were all crowding around Sarah, and all the other sixth-years had disappeared, so I don't think anyone actually noticed us doing so, lol.

And in hindsight, the fact that "saranghae" was the first thing I said to you probably freaked you out beyond measure! Especially given how informal it was... if I could go back to that night, the only thing I'd change would be to say "saranghaeyo" or "saranghamnida" instead. But that was one of the most impulsive things I've ever done, and I know I'd have regretted it forever if I HADN'T done it!

But after looking a bit shocked that some foreign girl was randomly declaring her love for you in your native language, you took it in your stride, smiled, and said "gamsahamnida". Then Claudia and Kerri came up and both said "annyeonghaseyo", you looked so bewildered, but then Claudia just burst out "Super Junior!!" and you went "ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Lol we realised afterwards that you probably aren't a huge fan - well, you were a GUY, so just assuming - and you probably weren't that keen on hearing about them again after moving halfway across the world, but you did at least look less confused after that, lol!

We gave you a few coins, and then we really had to leave. I had never thought I'd ever get a chance to use the Korean I'd learnt, but then you appeared! You will never know how much that experience meant to me - it was such a random thing, but I'm so glad it happened! So thank you so much just for - well, for existing, I suppose!

-Emma

1 comments:

  1. Claudia said...:

    I loved this one!!! It made me laugh, and I felt sad because I now miss him. Saranghae Asian magician! <3