Day 30 - Your Reflection In The Mirror

Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Dear Reflection,

Hello. I see you quite often.

You have a pretty forgettable face. No remarkable features, except maybe the big nose (as pointed out by Claudia). Decent skin, which is nice, I quite like my eyes, hair that grows dreadfully slowly. You rarely wear make-up, something which contributes to the fact that you can easily pass for 14, a handy little trick for getting reduced rates, sometimes! And I'm happy with my body, good genes are a good thing. Even if I'm a tad short, lol.

You smile. It's gummy. You smile again, trying to prevent the gumminess. It looks fake.

Sometimes, you don't look quite the same. Sometimes I'm completely ecstatic, and can't wipe the smile off my face. Sometimes I just can't stop laughing. Sometimes I'm incredibly upset, and actually crying. Sometimes I'm so angry that it shows.

But usually, you look exactly the same. Is it a bad thing that I've become so good at hiding the times when I'm vibrating with tension, when I'm kind of depressed for no good reason, or when I kind of want to kill something a little bit?

You look quite innocent. Apparently, there are many people who think I'm innocent. This amuses me more than it should.

You actually look kind of shy. Your normal expression isn't really very friendly, either. No wonder people don't go out of their way to talk to you.

One thing you have DEFINITELY mastered is the art of looking like you're listening. Occasionally, your eyes glaze over, but normally if you're daydreaming it doesn't actually show. Which is a very good thing.

Actually, you look like any other normal person. But you definitely don't live in this world. Not most of the time, anyway.

You are the part of me that everyone sees. They judge me on you. And my words and actions. They don't judge me on what goes on in my head. I think that you sum me up, without ever giving too much away. I'm happy with my reflection. You are a part of me. And I am happy with me.

-Emma

0 comments: