Day 29 - The Person That You Want To Tell Everything To, But Are Too Afraid To

Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Dear Person,

Originally, this letter was very angry.

I'm no longer angry. I no longer wonder why we seem to be so close, when really there's a massive gap between us. Because it doesn't feel like that gap's there any more.

Maybe it is. But at the moment, I don't see it.

That doesn't mean I'm going to open up, though. Yes, you're less judgemental than my other friends, in some ways, and yes, you have more knowledge and experience of certain things. But the thing is that I DO know you. I know that you're not as perfect as you're sometimes seen as. I know that you're not always totally honest. Most importantly, I know that so often, you don't listen when it matters most.

It's not that I'm mad at you. It's not that I have no confidence in you. But if I know that you'd never tell me things in return, then I don't see the point in making this friendship unequal.

-Emma

0 comments: