Day 17 - Someone From Your Childhood

Thursday, 12 August 2010
Dear Someone,

You were one of the only people who was a constant presence in my childhood that wasn't tied to me by blood, and to be honest I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had that companionship! You were my best friend for so long, even if I was never yours.

I have a lot of memories with you, however it was clear years ago that we'll never be making any more memories together - we're just too different. Sometimes, I'll admit that you really annoy me, but your brightness and exuberance make you who you are, even if sometimes you go way overboard.

Your prejudices anger me though. In that respect, you DO need to grow up.

But ignore that. Because after all, I forfeited the right to tell you what to do a long time ago. And things are better this way - sometimes, it's better to let a friendship die, and I don't think there was ever any chance of ours surviving. You're a part of my past, that'll never change, but from now on, I'm pretty sure that's all you'll ever be to me. And I'm ok with that.

-Emma

0 comments: