I considered making this one anonymous, but then I kind of realised there's no point! I'm too in the mood for inside jokes, hehe.
So a few weeks ago you were reading my blog, and I was all "ahh I've never made a pinky promise," and then we made a pinky promise (over MSN...) that you would avenge the dignity that Google stole from me if I kept a secret for you. And I have kept it! And you avenged my dignity! Yay!
So I remember the first time I realise you exist. You probably wish I didn't. It was when your name got put on the boys' list for Games in the first week of first year ^_^
Seriously though, the first three years of high school I was totally convinced that you, James and Mark were incredibly weird! I couldn't understand why you only ever seemed to hang out with these two boys, I didn't get the sense of humour that you shared, and besides, you were in 8.2! They were the enemy.
And in all seriousness, the only clear memory of you I have from that time is when we were sitting in the middle of the entrance hall, and then you and James came over and told Rachel, "Ohhh, there's a rumour that you have a picture of the Wombles on your phone!" *mrf*
But then came fourth year, and you were in practically all of my classes! We sat together in Physics, too, and by that stage my own sense of humour had changed - it was pretty similar to yours! So after about a month, I no longer thought of you as someone to avoid for fear they would spread Wombly rumours about me, but as a friend. In fact, I started spending more time with your friendship group than my own, and then when Claudia did too, our fates were sealed!
We went to Jims a lot at that stage. Then one day we were walking up to the Esplanade, and you were joking to Claudia that she was going to get lost because she's a Gadgie - or something like that - and she replied, "Well, if I do get lost I can just use my Golden Compass!" and held out her hands in front of her, as if she was holding a compass. She kind of pointed at the back of the person walking a little in front of us, and you replied, "What, _____ is your Golden Compass?"
And life has never been the same since! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT HIM NEXT YEAR?!?!?!
Beep beep beep to the EAST!
Ahhhh, Physics. Mrs McSkullough will be teaching us how to make a FRUIT CLOCK today, then we shall have some of Auntie Node's marshmallows!
Why do we have so many Physics inside jokes? "On a scale of one to the tempest, how much do you not want to go to Physics today?"
MATHS. How many maths inside jokes do we have?! We should have many. It's MATHS!
"Where are your TIES?!" And hiding pencils!!! Awww I miss Add Maths. Also, GC squared - Golden Thing = HOT!
Why can't I think of more maths-related things, this is a scandal. "Why is my DESK warm?!?!?!"
Ahem. I got a bit side-tracked there. Anyway, after the Golden Compass happened, because compasses can't be made, they just happen, LIKE BABIES, there was the dumping bench! The dumping bench, when you still fancied Priesty, and then we asked you if you could be stranded on an island with just two people, who would you want to be stranded with? "Well, Priesty I suppose." "Oh, how cliché!" "And James, because like, he IS my best friend." "But... would that not be really awkward? I mean, you and Priesty could be having a moment, and then James would come round the corner and be like 'Let's go fishing!' and Priesty would just go 'OKAY!'" I don't know why, but this has become the most legendary quote of ours of EVER. EDIT: Claudia wants credit for this quote, she was the one who said it with the Famous Five accent that we never could imitate again.
So it seemed like everything between us all would be good forever, but you must always BE PREPARED for anything! Like Hitler (H-I-T-L-E-R) and Winston Churchhill going to war! In other words, PR. But this is a happy blog, I'm in a ridiculously good mood writing it, so suffice it to say that I'm sorry I took sides over that, I shouldn't have. You two are an old married mathematical loud immature couple.
Oh, that. Um. I still haven't asked. =/
Ahem. Anyway, last year! Last year was so much fun! I loved L6, you were in most of my classes again, MATHS was always such good fun, we had a competition to pass our driving tests which I won by like 3 days, you disapproved of SuJu ("I shall not join the dark side, not even for Korean maths") and the three of us ignored you, we suddenly realised that we were subliminal messaging you because you could recite like half of their names, you put aside your hatred to help me write Camp K-pop, and in return I made you end up with Charlie (yay, ukelele!!!), we continued to stalk the GC, along with Amy we became owls (seductive owl! coo coo. excited owl! coocoocoocoocoocoo! swooning owl! cooooooo...), we had a massive facebook discussion about what Hogwarts house we'd all be in, and of course... we have dirt on Matthew. He must obey us. If he does not, we can tell Mr Howard he broke the UV! (Or he can keep it secret then blame Sheepy when he's gone lol)
Of course, thoughout all this, there was kind of a split in the group. Even though that second stupid row was over a year ago, it changed things so much and they haven't really gone back to the way they used to be at all. So it was kind of me, Claudia and Kerri. But then came this summer, with our e-mails, and finally figuring out Mrs Manta Ray's mystery of what, two years?, and Claudia complaining about your driving (I'm sorry but that was SO funny!), and us spamming Claudia's facebook with the quest, and then yesterday! Which was amazing and hilarious and brilliant. There was the amusements, and then your 89p stickers off the street, and Taboo, and raiding my mum's schoolbag to see if we could find the big sheet, and Jenga/Timberrr, and then HACKING YOUR FACEBOOK.
If I don't make a list of everything we did I'll forget some of it and so will you, that wouldn't do, and here seems as good a place as any ^_^
-Your gender became male
-Your birthday became the next day so you got a pile of "Happy Birthday!"s
-You were interested in Men AND Women
-You were looking for Friendship, Dating, AND A Relationship
-Your political views became Sectarian
-Your religious views changed from Christian to Muslim (Shi'ite)
-You listed Peter Thorogood as your brother
-Your relationship status changed from "In a relationship with Peter Thorogood" to "It's complicated" (and when Jeffery commented on this, saying "ooh who wif?" we replied "my brother :s")
-Your bio went from something like this:
"1, I'm very short
2, I can't spell
3, I am a maths nerd
4, I find bad grammar irritating even though my own sucks"
to something like this:
"1, I'm very short
2, I can't speel
3, I am a hermaphrodite
4, I find bad gramers irritatings even through ma own suck
5, I just found out my boyfriend is my brother :s"
-Your Favourite Quotations changed from a Bible verse to something like:
"Mmmmm amphetamines!
Let's go fishing!
I don't THINK I've ever been injected with HIV...
I'm preggers and it's not mine."
-And you suddenly liked several pages such as "Super Junior", "Reading the Holy Quran", "Quran TV", and "Not Being Dead".
Ahhhhh, it was a fun night.
I haven't even covered half of all our amazing memories - the Magee family!!! The way EVERYONE'S typing fails when you're on MSN! Mom jeans! - but you are one of my closest friends at the moment. I hate that you can be so insecure sometimes because I know how much that makes you suffer, but you wouldn't have to put up with me if I wasn't your friend. (If you can create sense out of that then well done. You are clearly paying more attention than me! BUT NO, WE DON'T NEED A PACKET OF CRISPS OVER HERE!)
Sorry, this is not a serious letter, it rejects the seriousness :s
But seriously.
You are one of the very VERY few people I allow to stalk me. I don't let Kerri stalk me. (She probably wouldn't bother, but that's not the point.) Make of that what you will!
MAUL
THAT IS ALL
(Hitler says night night
)-Emma

"this has become the most legendary quote of ours of EVER."
*cough*