Day 27 - The Friendliest Person You Knew For Only One Day

Monday, 30 August 2010
Dear Lauren,

I was never expecting to meet you! When I was arranging to meet up with Erica in London, it never crossed my mind that she might bring someone with her, but you came with her, which really surprised me!

I'm so glad you did come, though.

That day was one of the best days ever. Of course, at first, it was so awkward, I was beginning to regret setting the whole thing up, because no one really knew what to say to either of you! And as for American Apparel... it was a weird shop.

But when we went to Starbucks, all of that just melted away, like the chocolate chips in the cookies that you had never thought to ask to be heated before! We were so shocked to hear that you didn't know what spuds were, then we swapped so many local slang words, and just talked about everything, it was brilliant! Before that, I had kind of just talked to Erica, I hadn't really known what to say to you, but that broke the ice between us all! Ha tea solves everything.

I wish you hadn't had to leave as soon as we got back to the Tube station - it was such a short afternoon, and it went by so fast! I gave you a hug - which so often feels weird, but with you it wasn't - and you were gone. It kind of felt unfair that Erica could stay and you couldn't, but I'm so glad to have met you, even if that time was cut way too short.

-Emma

0 comments: